Warm Quinoa Salad

This Warm Quinoa Salad is probably one of my most favorite recipes, that I first tasted when a friend brought it over for my bridal shower. It was so easy to make, and I've already created many varieties of it, substituting some of the ingredients with whatever I have in the fridge at the time.

Warm Quinoa Salad for dinner!

Ingredients:


Directions:
  1. Combine rinsed quinoa, water, onion, garlic, and a little salt in medium saucepan and turn heat to high. Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat to low, and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Fluff with fork and transfer to a bowl. Add chopped herbs, tomato, rinsed adzuki beans, 2 TBS lemon juice, 1 TBS olive oil, salt and pepper.
  2. Toss romaine and avocado in rest of lemon juice and 2 TBS olive oil. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve quinoa on bed of salad greens. Sprinkle with chopped pumpkin seeds.

Comments

funkisockmunki said…
The photo makes it look really tasty, and we're still trying to figure out to use quinoa without getting that consistency like snot during cooking, so I'll have to try this. Thanks!
Haha! I know what you mean, because I've made it that way too. I think I've used less olive oil at the end, and less liquid in general to boil it in. But you need a non-stick saucepan, so that the lack of moisture doesn't burn the pot.
Oh yea, I should add, rinsing the quinoa really well, and draining it thoroughly will also help it avoid being mushy.

So: less liquid and wash it/drain it well.

Popular Posts