Icon Grill for Dessert!

Often times, I find myself hitting happy hour in Belltown after work, because it's super convenient. I never thought, however, that it's just as easy to hit one place for small bites, and then go somewhere else for dessert. And that's exactly what we did last night with 2 friends we hadn't seen in almost a year! We started at Cellar's on 1st Ave., where I never ate at before. It wasn't too bad in terms of food choices and drinks (my $5 Mojito was pretty good). Darren ordered what he thought was a $2.50 beer, but they charged $3. Not a huge deal, but they should make sure they stick to the menu! The clams that I ordered were okay, but there were at least 4 of them in my small bowl that never opened, and I felt bummed because the wine, garlic and basil sauce it was served in was tasty, yet more bread was needed for sopping. I should also mention there was a good amount of sand still on the clams too. Not good. The flat breads were pretty yummy, as well as the meatball sliders and sauteed Cajun prawns our friends ate. Nothing really seemed that special though, and I felt nothing was really worth going back for.

Then our friends got the brilliant idea of going to the Icon Grill for this MASSIVE sundae they were raving about and drooling over. So we headed out in to the frozen night, and arrived to the toasty restaurant and ordered 2 sundae's between the 4 of us. Boy oh boy, we were not disappointed. The presentation itself was pretty impressive, with the waiter dropping down the biggest scoops of vanilla ice cream inside a waffle bowl, and proceeding to pour a cone filled with hot fudge onto our sundae's, and then sprinkling as many toppings as we wanted all over the whole thing. I almost had to have bypass surgery just looking at the thing! We waded through the colossal sundae like champs though, and by the end of it almost emptying our plates clean. I say "almost" because really folks, I'm not sure it would have been a good idea to eat the ENTIRE thing. But it was fun trying!

I totally recommend heading to the Icon Grill for dessert, and even dinner beforehand if you can handle it!

icon's Hot Fudge Sundaeicon's Hot Fudge Sundae

Comments

Popular Posts