What's in Season?

If you live in Washington, you have most likely seen specific veggies being spotlighted or specials at restaurants popping up that have a running theme.  For April and May, take advantage of these seasonal veggies that are at the peak of their freshness:

asparagus
cauliflower
garlic
lettuce
mushrooms
pears
radishes
rhubarb
scallions
spinach

No wonder I've seen so many mushroom risottos and rhubarb pies lately!

I need to get cracking myself on these deals.  I'm thinking sliced cauliflower roasted in the oven with garlic - insanely delicious as it caramelizes!  Perhaps trying my hand at pie again, because I just love rhubarb.  Have fun with the recipe searches!

Garlic Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Parmesan
Rhubarb is delicious.

Comments

MichelleM said…
atYUM! Roasted cauliflower is SO GOOD! We have a late/short growing season and my rhubarb is only starting to emerge from hibernation. Can't turn down rhubarb pie! :)
Well at least you can have a garden and grow things, that's great! Yes, I really need to try my hand at the pie. My favorite crust is a recipe my MIL let me in on:
http://thewanderingfork.blogspot.com/2010/09/best-pie-crust-ever.html

I've only done pie a couple of times, but I'm going to welcome the challenge!

Popular Posts